Bjorem Speech Sound Cues Big Box
The same Original Bjorem Speech Sound Cues but BIGGER!
Welcome! The BIG BOX of Bjorem Speech Sound Cues takes the original deck and makes them functional for classroom or group use as young as 18 months of age! The sound cues are easily embedded into speech therapy, play-therapy, preschool classrooms, reading programs including phonemic awareness, dyslexia intervention, and spelling instruction. They compliment any program for all children providing VISUAL CUES when working on:
- Motor planning/childhood apraxia of speech
- Early sound acquisition, sound knowledge, hearing and identifying sounds
- Speech sound disorders
- Phonemic awareness and early literacy
- Onset & rime
- Identifying initial and final sounds in words
- Identifying medial sounds in words
- Blending and segmenting phonemes
- Substituting phonemes
- Vowel differences and vowel spelling patterns
- Sound to Letter correspondence
When teaching young children to talk and say new words we, as speech therapists talk about teaching “sounds” and not “letters”. The purpose of the sound cues is to teach children SOUNDS by giving them a visual cue they can relate to. Many times when children are learning new sounds they come in the form of an environmental sound for example “hhhh” for a dog or “oooo ahah” for a monkey. The cards were built around this premise.
- 25 consonants & 15 vowel cue cards
- Short & Long Vowel group cards
- Color Illustrations & Descriptions on backs of cards
- Developmentally appropriate approach
- Suitable for 18 months & up
- Fun, intuitive & relatable
- Evidence-based approach
40 Cards: 25 Consonants, 15 Vowels, 2 Vowel Sort Cards
Card: 5.12" x 5.12"
Cues are a thick soft matte texture, they are not shiny or laminated so children with vision impairments do not get the glare.
Author: Jennie Bjorem M.A. CCC-SLP
Illustrator: Ruthie Ozonoff