Bjorem Speech Prosody Cues
Bjorem Speech Prosody Cues can be used for speech, language, and reading prosody goals. Use in play or structured tasks when working on the following:
- motor planning/childhood apraxia
- pragmatics/social language
- reading fluency/expression
Prosody is made up of the following parameters - pitch, volume, rate, stress, and movement/rhythm. The pitch, volume, and rate cards can be lined up to one and another to provide a visual for the continuums that they fall on.
Cues included in the deck include:
- Pitch - high, low, flat AND include fun dice game to work on different voices including mouse, baby, robot, witch, ghost, alien, king, princess, granny, reporter, singing, and dinosaur
- Volume - quiet, whispering, talking, loud
- Rate - slow speed, kid speed, fast speed
- Stress - 2 stress dot cues included
- Movement/Rhythm- choppy, smooth, pause, stretched
- Emotions- using prosody to identify and practice emotions with emotion cards happy, sad, mad, excited, scared, and confused
Authors: Jennie Bjorem, M.A., CCC-SLP, Kelsey Coaldrake, M.A., CCC-SLP
Illustrator: Ruthie Ozonoff
PRE-ORDER Available NOW! Arriving on New Zealand shores soon!